Pages

Monday, August 11, 2008

We leave today!!

OK, after trying to get everything ready this past week, we are leaving today for our big trip cross-country. Along the way, we'll go through numerous states, visit some good friends, see some great sites and create some wonderful family memories!

Packing up for the trip was somewhat slower than normal, since the Arlington County Fair was happening at the same time just down the street - and 3 of us entered things. Both Jordan and Sarah entered artwork, and came away with a blue ribbon, a first place, a second place, 2 third places, and several honorable mentions. Adam didn't enter anything, but after seeing the success of the girls, was already planning his entry for next year. I did not do a craft this year, but decided to take advantage of my bountiful garden. I had volunteer pumpkin plants take root in my compost pile, and I swear I had never seen such beautiful pumpkins, so why not? I entered two of them, and they both won blue ribbons. What a hoot!

Sarah did the leaves, and Jordan did the hands.

We filled the tank before our trip. Gas was $3.74/gal. This is the cheapest it has been for a month.

Check back periodically for updates.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Jordan and Sarah for your artwork!(I saw them all). Hope you guys have a safe a wonderful time on your trip and can't wait to see you guys in the fall!=)
    -Cassie

    ReplyDelete