After a late start on Monday and then driving for many hours with one stop on the way, we finally made it to Tennessee. This was the longest leg of our trip. I forgot I had to include time for the many stops - which just get longer when you have 4 kids in the car (our 3, plus Jordan brought a friend).Our good friends Neal and Millie have 4 acres of farmland in Waynesboro, TN and it is absolutely beautiful. They have horses and chickens, and the kids couldn’t wait to ride the horses. We woke up this morning to see deer in the far pasture, and Neal brought home fresh watermelon that was absolutely delicious! Millie canned apple butter from the apple trees in her yard.

Wayne took the opportunity to wash the camper down with a little help from Adam. We’ve seen the cheapest gas ever so far - $3.54 a gallon.
After leaving Tennessee, we’ll be on our way to Albuquerque, via camp stops in Arkansas and Oklahoma.
Wow! What a cool trip you guys are having. I wish that we could be there with you but this is almost as good. I love being able to keep up with your travels and the pictures are great. Looks like our paths will not be crossing in Colorado as Anne-Marie and I will be there this weekend. Oh Well. Please say hi to Aunt Myrna, Lee and Gungi for me.
ReplyDelete